Thanks to Eko, for giving me something to write about besides my melodramatic personal life. He seven-things tagged me, and it’s been so much fun reading about everyone else that I just can’t resist playing. Here’s seven things you might not know or might not want to know about me:
1) I dream almost every night about carnival rides, water or carnival rides in water. I’ve never sought out interpretation because I truly don’t want to know the meaning. I’m afraid they’d stop.
2) Though several people have tried to teach me, I can’t drive a stick shift.
2) I love my scars, my stretch marks, the bump on my nose and miscellaneous other body oddities. I love them on other people too. Perfection is so dull.
3) I hate doing the dishes and am always tempted to just throw them out the window when they stack up. I’d rather do any other chore – even clean the toilet or unclog a sink – than do the dishes.
4) I was psychically tuned in when I was a kid. On my sixth birthday the phone rang. I said to my brother, “That’s Aunt Teresa, and she can’t come to my party.” And that’s exactly who it was. When I was nine I repeatedly dreamt that my grandma was standing at the kitchen counter taking medication from a bottle, and I was trying to scream at her not to but no sound would come from my mouth. She later committed suicide by overdosing on sleeping pills.
5) Even though I disagree with them on just about everything, I find the Fortucky rednecks drinking whiskey at The Playroom highly entertaining.
6) I cannot do hallucinogens. Pot gives me panic attacks. LSD makes bugs crawl all over my body. Mushrooms make me curl up in a fetal position on the bathroom floor for two hours. That’s why I stick to booze.
7) I have nearly died three times. The last, in 2000, I was less than two hours from death from pneumonia gone septic when I made it to the emergency room. I think it’s why I’m never afraid of change.
And in the spirit of keeping things going, I tag (Sorry if you’ve already been)